This is a quite the pathetic post, but….I miss J. He is down in Brazil working for a week…and I am literally feeling pangs of loneliness.We haven’t been able to communicate a whole lot since the internet is not set up at our new home yet, and we can’t use the cell phones.
We just moved to our new townhome on Friday night, so it just doesn’t feel like “home” yet. There are boxes galore, the overwhelming smell of wet paint, and no Jeremy.
I am lucky to have my sister in law, and my little doggie to keep me company during the evenings, but wow, I feel so needy! I have spent a week or two away several times since we’ve been married, but I’ve never felt quite like this. I suppose that is because I was always the one traveling up to the Bay Area to see my family, thus I was enjoying catching up and having fun, etc. Moving through my daily life down here in Orange County without him feels strange.
My heart really goes out to all of those couples who handle long distance all the time—such as military wives like D. I have barely even begun to scratch the surface of time apart from my hubby…and I just want him back! I cannot imagine what it is like for months on end.
W
e are still newlyweds...so I do not care that I am being ridiculously mushy, but....I miss waking up next to him. I miss carpooling to work together. I miss lunches. I miss being hugged. I miss getting to tell him about my day when we get home!
A transition has happened to me. It is like I went to bed 10 months ago, adapting to living with my new husband--and I woke up 3 days ago realizing that we really have joined together and become…a family.
I love that.
1 comment:
Stephie!
It's not mushy at all to miss your hubby! It makes me so much more thankfull for Brock having been apart for a while. Its great to take a step back every once in a while and see how God has blessed you!
-d
Post a Comment