Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Daily Life


I don't think I've mentioned how much I have absolutely loved being back in school (it's already been 2 years since I graduated from Pepperdine!)  Learning in the classroom, reading all kinds of articles, thinking through different issues and education laws of the state of California.... It has all been very motivating and fascinating.  I am looking forward to the rest of my masters program, and even more so, looking forward to being a teacher myself.

We've been researching and learning about all kinds of trends, both good and bad in the school system--and ways that we can make a difference once we get into the field.  Here is a display board my group and I created recently--we chose UCI colors

“Upon the subject of education, not presuming to dictate any plan or system respecting it, I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people may be engaged in. That everyone may receive at least a moderate education appears to be an objective of vital importance.” 
                                                                                          - Abraham Lincoln


This is my amazing sister teaching!  She is my inspiration :-)

“Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource.”                                                                                                - John F. Kennedy

No comments: