Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer days are gone too soon, but friends can last a lifetime




Love
Summer
Malibu
Beach
Waves
Sun
Talks
Laughs
Prayers
Nicknames:
"Bun-buns"
"Sunshine"
<3>


God has blessed me with so much love in my life...including loving and caring friends, like E.  I miss her as she is working in Washington DC this year, but I love when she comes to visit :)

SUMMER: Malibu. 2009. E and Stephie.


I have been blessed by her friendship for 4 years now, and we have laughed, cried, and smiled together. I spent many of my richest 'growing' experiences with her, doing our favorite thing: TRAVELING! She is the only friend that studied abroad with me all 3 times at Pepperdine (China, England and Switzerland). We are both passionate about people and different cultures!

[FLASHBACK to Nov 2005: swimming in the ocean off of Koh Samui, Thailand]

[FLASHBACK to Feb 2006: climbing on rocks in Italy]

[FLASHBACK to May 2007: Our Switzerland Summer]

She is one of my dearest friends! When I think of her, a plethora of memories come to mind--my favorite are those memories of Switzerland!  E and I roomed together in a slightly shady hostel during our 2007 summer internship in Switzerland (with 8 other Pepperdine students). She was the only one of my close friends to actually witness the meeting and start of my love story with J that summer. We would come home from a long day of work/interning, and debrief about the events of the day. She was also my travel buddy--we explored the South of France, Ireland, the German part of Switzerland and The Czech Republic. She was my family in Switzerland. We would lay awake many nights talking and laughing. Sometimes we talked about serious issues, sometimes about vocation and dreams, and sometimes we just laughed! I just remember being so truly thankful for our friendship. It remains the sweetest summer of my life!

E is one of the most unique and creative people I know, and truly has a sensitive and caring heart. She is a source of constant encouragement and joy to everyone she encounters!

I treasure our friendship and value those happy memories and all of the experiences we went through together. I know that even today as our hearts ache with the reality of both of our Dads fighting cancer, we trust the Lord with our lives and trust in God's plan. In good times and in the hard times, we will praise the Lord! E, I miss you! Come home to California soon!

No comments: