Monday, May 4, 2009

Brain Tumor Walk!

The Bay Area Brain Tumor Walk 2009 was a success! Over 1100 people came out to Golden Gate Park to walk, and over half a million dollars ($584,307.05 to be exact) was raised for brain tumor research! That is so amazing during these tough economic times! Thank you for your heart, prayers and donations!

It was a rainy Saturday morning, but we still walked the 5k! Well, it was more of a slow mosey as we had to walk on a small trail, but hey, there were great conversations, encouragement, and we even had cheers to scream for Craig's Cancer Crushers!

(My sister Leslie made these great signs! She is a kindergarten teacher!)

Give me a C! C!
Give me an R! R!
Give me an A! A!
Give me an I! I!

Give me a G! G!


What does that spell?
CRAIGGGG and his cancer crushers!

Thank you so much to the 24 team members who walked with "Craig's Cancer Crushers"--wearing bright white hats, and neck ties (we were being CPAs like my Dad!).
I don't know what I've been told! (repeat)
Brain Tumors are gettin' old!
(repeat)
The good thing is we'll walk it out! (repeat)
Chemo's gonna knock it out! (repeat)
Craiggggggggg's! (repeat)
Crusherrrrrrrs! (repeat)
Craiggggggggg's! (repeat)
Crusherrrrrrrs! (repeat)

And special thanks to Meg Y who made very spirited special shirts for us to wear!

http://www.braintumorcommunity.org/goto/craigscancercrushers

2 comments:

~bethany~ said...

yay for Craig's Cancer Crushers! :)

That was a fun weekend....glad I got to go!!

p.s. this blog needs an update!!! :) more, more!! :)

Anonymous said...

Fight on!